ATO Reservoir

  • Thread starter Thread starter azreef729
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

azreef729

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
185
Reaction score
220
Location
AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best compact 5-10g Ato reservoir on the market that can fit in a tank cabinet, are the ones for $100-200 all that’s out there, or is there something I’m missing that I can use?
 
I just used a basic 5g bucket for my ato!
 
I bought 2 trigger blemished acrylic ATO containers, one 5g and one 10g. I only see A 10g available now but it might be worth watching. Still not as affordable as a bucket but the blemished items are usually pretty heavy discounted. I couldn't even find what was considered a blemish on either of mine.
 
I bought 2 trigger blemished acrylic ATO containers, one 5g and one 10g. I only see A 10g available now but it might be worth watching. Still not as affordable as a bucket but the blemished items are usually pretty heavy discounted. I couldn't even find what was considered a blemish on either of mine.
Those are cool! I will email and see if they have any 5g. Thanks!
 
You can use model display cases from hobby lobby, depending on what size you're looking for. Might spend $15-25.

If you want something custom, it's pretty easy to build a DIY ATO out of 1/4" acrylic sheets from Amazon and Weld-on 14. I bought a 5 pack of 12x12" acrylic sheets for $30 and built one myself. Holds 7ish gallons or so.
 
Anyone using something like this? Should be around 6.5-7ish gallons and has wheels. Relatively compact and moisture seal. Plus, a clear lid is nice. Having an extra on hand also seems very convenient.
Interesting. Haven't thought of doing something like this.
The slanted front cover means you won't be able to fill it passed that so I think you'd likely max out at more like <5G just based on dimensions and some guessing.
 
I use the IM 5g resevoir and like it. Before that was a 5g bucket.

On my little tank I use a pickle jar
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new