ATO to my RO DI container question

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about hooking my ATO line to my RO Di container. I had reasons to avoid it in the past but now that I am using an aqualifter pump it would be pretty easy. My ATO controller can create a fail safe. And I would place the line so that even if it failed in the on function only 10 gallons would enter the system which the sump can handle. Any points of failure I am over looking?
IMG_4431.JPG

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the waterline of the rodi container higher than the waterline in your sump? If so you might have a syphon issue.

Mines hooked up to my rodi storage container in my basement using a liter meter pump. It autofills with rodi every Friday using a solenoid valve. Best thing i ever did. I use an emergency float in the sump to kick the pump off if the lower float fails as well as a max run time controlled by my apex.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the waterline of the rodi container higher than the waterline in your sump? If so you might have a syphon issue.

Mines hooked up to my rodi storage container in my basement using a liter meter pump. It autofills with rodi every Friday using a solenoid valve. Best thing i ever did. I use an emergency float in the sump to kick the pump off if the lower float fails as well as a max run time controlled by my apex.
Thank you for your feedback. I will do a little more research on the aqualifter, regarding the siphon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back