ATO with Fleece Roller Question

ubiq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since both the roller and the ATO are dependent on sump water level to actuate, how to prevent the ATO from immediately compensating for the water level drop created by the roller? If the roller sensors are set too low, the fleece constantly advances.

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you set the fleece adjustment all the way up. When it gets close to advancing adjust the ato.
Can you elaborate? I’ve waisted two rolls on my platinum cube sump. My sensors on the roller chamber are all the way up, my auto top off overfills as the level drops, then all of a sudden, because the tunze had been regularly adding water with the consistent drop, then by the time the roller advances the level of water rebounds to higher in both return chamber where the tunze is, and the sensors where the fleece is, and I lose a whole roll. I thought bringing the sensors down to have advancement more often to prevent the high rebound would do the job. Am I think of of it wrong?

what do you mean by adjust the ATO?
Thanks!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since both the roller and the ATO are dependent on sump water level to actuate, how to prevent the ATO from immediately compensating for the water level drop created by the roller? If the roller sensors are set too low, the fleece constantly advances.

setup the roller first, then set the sensor lvl, the ato sensor will only trigger once falsely, when the fleece gets blocked but then should work fine from then on.

OP
OP
ubiq

ubiq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Determine where the water level in the return section of the sump is at its lowest, just before the roller advances and releases the backed up water from the roller compartment. Set your ATO sensor to this level (also in the return section). Your ATO will only fill just before the roller advances, not enough to constantly advance the roller. My last roll lasted exactly two months to the day.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back