Ato

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have to ask what is every one using as an ato?
I'm trying to shop around see what options are out there I wanted the clubs input first?
Anybody have any a recomendation ?

Thanks Morgan

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have to ask what is every one using as an ato?
I'm trying to shop around see what options are out there I wanted the clubs input first?
Anybody have any a recomendation ?

Thanks Morgan
Tunze Osmolater, It's a little more than the others but the best money can buy. Go to Tunze.com to see them.
Bill

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the Tunze is the best. I did plenty of research and never found anyone that had a problem with them. Although I also did some research on the jbj ato, and it seems to be great ato as well, as long as your application for it is simple. I found a used one here locally for $40 and couldnt pass it up. so far it's working like a charm.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avast has a good ATO module as well. If you have a controller, like an RKL, RKE, or Apex you can sue them as well. I have never had an issue.
Aquahub.com has a cool little DIY ATO that works just fine and won't break the bank. Check that out too. Ir early liked the mold-a-holder as it really let me "fit" my tank. It wasn't the prettiest of solutions, but sure was very functional and reliable.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was wondering the same thing. Does the ato kit from DA do a good job and would I need to get 2 of them?

The DA ATO is utilized by the SL1, SL2, or SW5 modules for input. Works like a dream. You do not have to use DA's float switches. The DA holder is slick, but if you want to run 2 switches (as I do for a failsafe on the float switches), their holder works but you have to reverse the top switch.

You can also buy a mold a holder from aqua hub and DIY your own float switch holder. Amazon had some good chicago float switches for 6 bucks a piece a while back. If you want help with your RK unit set up for ATO let me know. ALl of my tanks runs RKL's and RKE's and I utilize that function heavily.

VandyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have 2 brs 1ml pumps and a 50ml for ato on their way. I could use all the help I can get when it comes time to set this up. Do the brs pumps need that surge plug in the pc4 for the pump to not get stuck on? that i could use help with.

Also have another pc4 and brs 2 part starter kit to get rolling.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darrel, give me a holler at [email protected]. We'll set something up for me to come by and help you. As for the poor power factor from the BRS pumps, If ch 1 or 4 is available, I recommend, but there are other ways around the pump bleeding energy back into the PC4 that work too.

STL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex, 50ml BRS dosing pump, and Avast Marine water-level pressure switch - just works!

Esabasard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a kit from Autotopoff.com. It isn't the most high tech solution, but it has been in place for over 2 years with no problems.

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the gravity fed ? I can see the concept but don't see the product can any one elaborate ?

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the gravity fed ? I can see the concept but don't see the product can any one elaborate ?
Very simple concept, You have a container of fresh water hooked up to a float valve in your sump/ When the float valve is activated due to lower water level it allows water to enter your sump from the fresh water container, When the Float valve raises back up it turns off the water supply. Wala Gravity fed ATO, All you have to do is make sure the container has water in it and adjust the float valve to your desired level in your sump.
This is hooked up with a small hose to feed the water to the sump Via the float valve from fresh water container...Only thing needed to operate is height to allow for the Gravity part to work...
Bill

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gravity fed Kent Marine float valve is all i have ever used in over 12 yrs. Just clean it every 6 months and they work like a charm :) Kent Marine » Float Valve | Products you can get them for about $20. I then use 2 six gallon water containers sold @ walmart in the camping section to add the water to. Very cheap and very effective. But you must have somewhere to keep the containers above the water level in your sump.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back