ATS Algae Scrubber Turg Waterfall

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tony73
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tony73

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
75
Reaction score
19
Location
Italy (Milan)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I'm looking to make a DIY WATERFALL Scurbber ATS

In the past I used an algae reactor, 1st time I used Red led 660nm and a lot of Blue 440nm, 2nd time I used only white cold.

My concerns are that with WHITE COLD algae grow is more faster

But my question is: different light, as an example RED or WHITE, can grow different type of algae?

which light do you suggest for ATS?

Best regards
Antonio
 
I was always told red is better then white. Don’t know about the algae types though. You can pick up red grow lights really cheap anyway. I was always told to only use a little blue if you are going to mix red and blue so maybe you used to much. I think I paid $10 or $20 for theses

B2809BED-E9BD-43B7-8CA8-039275B39131.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new