attaching frags to the glass

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have any ideas??!! i have a 2" monti piece that i want to attach on the back glass and have it grow out and over buuuuuut besides a magnet, i can't think of any other way. lemme know what you have!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried to attach many frags to my C2C overflow glass using superglue and a superglue epoxy sandwich. They hold well initially, then my Halloween Urchin eventually manages to knock them off - even after a couple of months.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had luck with superglue or superglue/epoxy putty on glass. What did work for me was to glue large frag disks to the back with mr stickys underwater epoxy. It actually gets sticky unlike the putty that just gets hard. Downside is that it takes a few days to dry underwater so I put dab of superglue on edges to hold while the mr stickys dried. Held until the tank was taken down. I did it with the tank fully stocked with coral, inverts and fish. No issues.

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found some cool pieces from @gooch at thealternativereef.com and gave him a shout. @Sabellafella also had a decent idea as well with a suction cup, frag plug, and a zip tie which seems to be holding very well. ultimately the pieces from the alternative reef are my go to, just waiting on a response back from Scott before i go pioneering anything else. thanks for the input guys!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i found some cool pieces from @gooch at thealternativereef.com and gave him a shout. @Sabellafella also had a decent idea as well with a suction cup, frag plug, and a zip tie which seems to be holding very well. ultimately the pieces from the alternative reef are my go to, just waiting on a response back from Scott before i go pioneering anything else. thanks for the input guys!
Yea now that i think about it, ill prob windup getting 2 pieces from him at rap

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
589c32338ae77500a13cf43f071bed9a.jpg

This is what I did. The one on the left is a Chiclid Rock from Drs Foster and Smith, and the one on the right is a Coral skeleton. Both attached with supermagnets

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get encrusting monti then super glue will hold them in place until the monti encrusted on the glass, other than that it will fall off soon or later.

OP
OP
nbagnardi

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used a suction cup, zip strip, and a frag plug for the monti in the back

IMG_8382.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back