Attaching mushrooms

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. I've never had to attach mushrooms before, so I wanted to make sure my setup was ok. I know the general process of putting them in a small container with rubble and plugs and waiting for them to attach, but I just wanted to verify my container was sufficient. It's a new glass container with frag plugs and rubble at the bottom and a new cut up mesh filter bag on top with a rubber band holding it together. Should I change anything or am I good? thanks

IMG_0889.jpg

OP
OP
tiggs

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks. I found out first hand that superglue doesn't work well on these guys, especially in a tank with SPS flow. Hopefully, they attach soon and I can glue down whatever they settle on in a somewhat lower flow area.

OP
OP
tiggs

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is still a work in progress. Both mushroom look good, but still haven't attached. Today, one of them flipped upside down. I'm assuming I should just leave it alone and let it work itself out, but I just wanted to verify. So flip it back over and leave it alone?

This is the first time I've had mushrooms since they've been in style again, so this is new territory for me lol

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wait until you do all the work and glue the rock...and wake up one morning to find them wherever they decided to live.

OP
OP
tiggs

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, problem solved. I ended up just using a turkey baster to gently blast some flow between the mesh and it flipped back over. Hopefully I can get this ugly glass container out of my tank soon.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back