Attention all Hydra Users

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
6,282
Reaction score
9,184
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you regularly check your lenses and diodes. I have a 6g frag holding tank with an AI prime 16hd that the acros have been slowly deteriorating over the last couple months. I decided to check the par and it was less than 150 in the entire tank. Some areas were less than 100. I started checking the individual channels and only 1 of each blue, royal and violet diodes were working. Now I do push this thing pretty high bc it is surprisingly underwhelming as far as par goes but this is very disappointing. The lenses burned out in less than a year and now the diodes are shot in less than 3 years.
 
Last edited:
Attention Hydra users - or Prime users?
They use the same lenses and diodes in all the newer models. It’s just a matter of number of pucks and a different name for the prime. The violet leds on my older hydra 52 hds are going out as well.
So both.
 
Hilarious this made my day. No but I was in the Glazing business doing glass and metal installations
Just Asking Pulp Fiction GIF
 
some 3 years and No issues
 
It’s happened to a few of mine - this doesn’t include my primes (granted I ran them at 11)

D273578C-3B2F-4D64-AE77-00AAB07A0C07.jpeg
 
It’s happened to a few of mine - this doesn’t include my primes (granted I ran them at 11)

D273578C-3B2F-4D64-AE77-00AAB07A0C07.jpeg
Those look like burnt lenses. That’s happened several times but I’m talking about the diodes going out completely
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new