Attention diy lovers!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have the unit up and working, I do have a question though. What can I put in the end caps to make them more water resistant?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402425511.366070.jpg

Use hot glue, it's easier to work with than silicone.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402443755.186630.jpg


And eureka! Now time to figure out how to put the radions in between
 
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put the radions in the hood, is there an online tech sheet that has drill marks that can be printed out on paper?
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402704241.083033.jpg


And done. Only problem is I calculated the hood wrong and had to make temporary height changes with some extra wood laying around.
 
There's yer problem. If you were from Orlando, none of this would have happened.
(jk)

Lol if I lived in Orlando id be broke from WWC. I do go up there once a month to stay at the universal properties. (Royal pacific and portofino)
 
I have added a purple plus and a blue plus to the display. They will be on for 4 hours at midday. I've heard that people lower the whites on the LEDs, should I do the same?

Also, it's running at a 14k midday. Thanks for everyone's helps! I'm going to take some before pics tomorrow and retake after a month, I'm not going to change anything else but the lighting. Wish me luck!
 
Looks great Acro! I Mixed AI Sol Blues with 2 ATI 80W T5s in my 125g, My 180 g build is going to have 4 of them with the AIs. I love the look of them and think you're going to be happy :)
 
I have added a purple plus and a blue plus to the display. They will be on for 4 hours at midday. I've heard that people lower the whites on the LEDs, should I do the same?

Also, it's running at a 14k midday. Thanks for everyone's helps! I'm going to take some before pics tomorrow and retake after a month, I'm not going to change anything else but the lighting. Wish me luck!

Purple plus is nice color!!!
 
Looks great Acro! I Mixed AI Sol Blues with 2 ATI 80W T5s in my 125g, My 180 g build is going to have 4 of them with the AIs. I love the look of them and think you're going to be happy :)

Thank you for the feedback :) I think it was a good choice for the corals, even if its just a little!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new