ATTN RedSea 625XXL and 650 Peninsula owners

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this email this morning. Since I have seen this first hand and my tank was replaced under warranty I would urge all of the owners to get this modification ASAP.

Our records show you may be the owner of either a REEFER XXL-625 or REEFER Peninsula-650 aquarium system. We are now including an additional cabinet support component with the newer versions of these 2 models. Following requests from owners of the earlier versions, we have decided to offer this upgrade as a retrofit kit, free of charge, to all existing owners.

This retrofit is easy to install, and does not require draining any water or removal of livestock from your system.

We currently provide our customers a 3-year warranty as standard (from date of purchase), so owners of earlier versions that were purchased with a 2-year warranty, will be awarded the additional year of warranty (total 3 years from date of purchase) upon installation of the retrofit cabinet support.

To sign up for the retrofit kit, go to our customer support form at www.redseafish.com/tech-support-inquiry/, and select the REEFER Cabinet Front Upgrade Request. Then, in the form, select the upgrade suitable for your aquarium model.

We will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm that we have received your request, and will keep you updated as to when your retrofit kit will be dispatched.

To keep updated on all future Red Sea news and product upgrades, please register to our newsletter here: www.redseafish.com/red-sea-newsletter/

Thanking you in advance for your continued support,
Red Sea Team

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont understand why people still buy these tanks after all the debacles with the 750xxl and now this one apparently.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont understand why people still buy these tanks after all the debacles with the 750xxl and now this one apparently.
Allot of people already owned the tanks when the 750s started to fail. Average failure time is 18 mo. Many tanks haven’t had any issues. In my case I had bought my 625 tank in July 2019 and the first forum and facebook reported failures started showing up Sep 2019. So at this point several thousand tanks were already in homes.

Since so many people already owned tanks this would help those that have them.

As for buying a RedSea tank today. They have made multiple changes on these models to prevent the issues. For instance, thicker glass which equals more sealant, reenforced corners and stand redesign.

In my case you can look at my build thread to see everything that went on plus the changes made by RS. My tank was at the 17mo mark when I found my seem starting to fail.

I’m not a RedSea Fanboi and I have been very critical of them on the seem failures. However when I reported mine they replied promptly and had an entire new system sent to me in two weeks. They sent me a system with all the upgrades and changes. While it was a huge pain to swap everything over It all has worked out.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what is/was the issue with the stand that needed this upgrade?
It isn’t fully supporting the tank under it when full. It bows downward. This allows allot of stress on the bottom glass and seem to the front glass. This can eventually lead to separation of the seem.
The support goes directly in the middle of the two door span and raises the stand top back into position thus supporting the tank and glass again.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man just seeing this now. I went through this with my 750 almost got it set up traded for a 650P as we moved. guess I should get this too. :(
the open space in the sump was one think I liked about these tanks.
boo
anyone having issues with there 625/650P tanks?

Huynhter_Soldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you get this part for a 650P of you bought it used? Do you guys know? That website ask for invoice and I cannot provide one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back