Attributes of an improved two part?

Would you want an improved two part? With which attributes?

  • With a higher pH boost to the tank (2x the current two part systems, like limewater/kalkwasser))

    Votes: 49 21.0%
  • With a higher potency so I needed to dose much less (1/4-1/2 as much as the most potent now)

    Votes: 47 20.2%
  • Both higher pH boost and higher potency

    Votes: 85 36.5%
  • None of the above

    Votes: 52 22.3%

  • Total voters
    233
Great thread and discussion. @Bulk Reef Supply, this would be an interesting experiment. Perhaps measuring change in pH with the hydroxide vs your Alk, (what I use personally)?

Is anyone doing this?
 
Great thread and discussion. @Bulk Reef Supply, this would be an interesting experiment. Perhaps measuring change in pH with the hydroxide vs your Alk, (what I use personally)?

Is anyone doing this?

I've already measured the effect of hydroxide vs carbonate vs bicarbonate. It boosts pH twice as much as carbonate. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new