Audible GFCI

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,015
Reaction score
7,338
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just thought I would share this awesome find.

It's a GFCI that beeps when tripped!!! I didn't know they exist until I replaced a bad one and couldn't find anything else.

I think that it's a great idea for behind a tank that you might not notice.



20240419_063957.jpg


https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-Whit...ible-Alarm-GFCI-Residential-Outlet/1002338050
 
Just thought I would share this awesome find.

It's a GFCI that beeps when tripped!!! I didn't know they exist until I replaced a bad one and couldn't find anything else.

I think that it's a great idea for behind a tank that you might not notice.



20240419_063957.jpg


https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-Whit...ible-Alarm-GFCI-Residential-Outlet/1002338050
I didn't know they had these either, it is a good idea for when you don't notice the circuit is tripped, but if I wasn't home for a few hours I'm not sure my dog would appreciate it.
 
They also make them for a breaker box.
Audible ones?

I know they make the gfci, afci, and cafci's as breakers. Feel like that look would be a funny service call.. my breaker panel is beeping at me.
 
Working with the electrician, we decided that 3 dedicated breakers for each aquarium should work. Since getting to the outlets might be tricky for a 4 ft tank, putting the GFCI in the breaker box was best. It’s not too noisy. They are easy to reset
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new