Flower anemones are my favorites.
d0722e942d97da8a01f5eba8cdb9a341.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How likely would one of these be to eat a Tailspot? Had completely opposite answers from 2 different lfs. I would love to have one. Especially after this thread.

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mirya,

Where is that one from in the world? It's amazing.

Thanks!

I bought it at Tropicorium in Michigan. I was told that it was born there. If you look in an old issue of Coral magazine, there is an article on rock flower anemones that has a lot of pictures regarding their sexual reproduction that were taken from that store. Their broodstock was from Florida waters. (As a side note, I did subsequently learn that the original store owner of Tropicorium was found guilty of illegally trafficking aquatic livestock from Florida. :( )

All Phymanthus crucifer (rock flower anemone) are from the Caribbean. Originally they were collected around Florida, but now they have also been collected around Belize. Phymanthus buitendijki (Borneman anemone, someone has a picture of one of those in this thread) are from the Pacific.

Rudyg308

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I just bought one today that is literally about 3 times bigger than normal, it's freakin huge! But I can't post another pic due to the rules, but guys it's awesome! I'm telling you I saw it and I automatically said bag it and tag it! I don't care how much lol

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it at Tropicorium in Michigan. I was told that it was born there. If you look in an old issue of Coral magazine, there is an article on rock flower anemones that has a lot of pictures regarding their sexual reproduction that were taken from that store. Their broodstock was from Florida waters. (As a side note, I did subsequently learn that the original store owner of Tropicorium was found guilty of illegally trafficking aquatic livestock from Florida. :( )

All Phymanthus crucifer (rock flower anemone) are from the Caribbean. Originally they were collected around Florida, but now they have also been collected around Belize. Phymanthus buitendijki (Borneman anemone, someone has a picture of one of those in this thread) are from the Pacific.

I thought it might be a Belizean one due to the tentacles. Tropicorium, ahhhh!! That article years ago made me want to breed them and yeah the story behind them is sad. Way cool though, thanks for sharing!

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I just bought one today that is literally about 3 times bigger than normal, it's freakin huge! But I can't post another pic due to the rules, but guys it's awesome! I'm telling you I saw it and I automatically said bag it and tag it! I don't care how much lol

Make your avitar the photo so we can see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back