Auriga (Threadfin) Butterfly: Disease ID Help

MoonRay

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Noticed that my butterfly had some lesions around his pectoral fins this morning. I ran water quality to rule out some possibilities.

Results:
NH3 - 0.25
NO2 - 0
NO3 - 80
pH - 8.00
SAL - 24

I plan on doing a water change to get the parameters in check but still wanted input because I do not think it’s ammonia poisoning.

Ive read other threads where some had recommend VHS but that typically effects fish in the northern hemisphere (colder waters) and then also Uronema marinum, the only concern was the lesions just popped up overnight. There was no white skin foci.

450D6E94-5A1D-4D80-A343-85498FB52066.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new