Aussie 6x2.5x2

OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks all! I'm starting to get the phase whereby I am planning the shutdown of the tank. Don't worry, it will be an upgrade and will be some time off yet - but planning has commenced :)

Corals.com

Lilmatty5dimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow outstanding and stunning photos. I love this blue and yellow zoas and that scoly is really wicked.

What are we upgrading too? Spoiler Alert. Lol

OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow outstanding and stunning photos. I love this blue and yellow zoas and that scoly is really wicked.

What are we upgrading too? Spoiler Alert. Lol
thanks, those zoa's aren't any fancy named thing as far as I know - but I love them :)

No plans set in stone just yet for the new tank, just succession planning as this tank approaches the 6 year mark

Lilmatty5dimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
thanks, those zoa's aren't any fancy named thing as far as I know - but I love them :)

No plans set in stone just yet for the new tank, just succession planning as this tank approaches the 6 year mark
Some of the best coral pieces are nothing fancy. Or the older OG ones.

Legendary Corals
OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
hahaha all good folks, I just like to take my time planning every step of the process. We are still 12 months plus away from taking water out of this tank :)

Corals.com

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score

JumboShrimp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Question : Were you into the hobby for quite some time before this tank? Because from the beginning of the thread it seems as if after only 4-5 months of having a relatively modest tank you up and plucked down about $8-Grand or more for all the bells and whistles (including camera lenses), and were able not only to hit the ground running, but be highly successful... am I missing something? And does “natural seawater” mean you get water from the ocean delivered? Sorry if these are ignorant questions. Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
beautiful pics, beautiful specimens . . . . . . BEAUTIFUL BUILD !!!!

OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Question : Were you into the hobby for quite some time before this tank? Because from the beginning of the thread it seems as if after only 4-5 months of having a relatively modest tank you up and plucked down about $8-Grand or more for all the bells and whistles (including camera lenses), and were able not only to hit the ground running, but be highly successful... am I missing something? And does “natural seawater” mean you get water from the ocean delivered? Sorry if these are ignorant questions. Thanks!
Hey, thanks for the questions! This thread is a little misleading as I posted all the updates here after I’d been had the tank running for about a year, so it looked like it happened very quickly when in reality I’d had it going for a little while.

Tank will be 6 years old in a couple months and I’ve been in the hobby 7 years.

Natural salt water is saltwater from the ocean delivered :)

A. grandis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Very nice tank!! Nice pictures too! Thanks for sharing!!
Could you tell us the changes you have noticed after you have changed to halides? Better colors/ colony structure/ growth?
What about shaded areas under the colonies and dead spots?
Is it too early to tell? How long has been?
Can you please list what fixture that is and the ballasts?
Thanks in advance!

How excited are you about the new R2R Market?

• Excited or Interested

Votes: 400 76.0%
  • Not that excited or interested

Votes: 126 24.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Geo's Reef