OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah gotcha, read as if you’re getting a replacement. Smart choice IMO, definitely seem finicky in my limited experience. I got a hammer at the same time that is thriving
Yeah I got two indo torches and some acros that are all doing great. I have four torches total now and all doing well, and all from Indonesia/aquacultured. Not sure how the torches died but the acros didn't.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested how yours does long term. I got one from ASD at it already lost a head. Medium flow and about 130 PAR, doesn’t seem to happy :/
I also received one from ASD that died shortly after receiving it. The problem is that a lot of these vendors turn and burn. For this reason I will only buy aquaculture corals, especially torches.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also received one from ASD that died shortly after receiving it. The problem is that a lot of these vendors turn and burn. For this reason I will only buy aquaculture corals, especially torches.
Yes, that is true. ASD seems to do that on their Aussie stuff. If the OP really wants an Aussie, then getting one locally is the best bet if that is possible. The LFS nearest me gets them in every so often and they are very hit or miss it seems. I've seen them get in half a dozen and they all do great. Been there when they have gotten in an Aussie shipment a few days prior and they are all melting. I really hate that because I know they are paying a lot for them wholesale. I really want to get one but I haven't seen one for sale locally in probably 6 months. I really thought I would find one at the Tyree frag swap that was here 2 months ago but nothing. Tyree is having another one in June so hoping one of the vendors has them available.

OP, also check out Cherry Corals. They have ones they have grown every so often. I hate I missed one they had in their last live sale for $99.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back