Spawned Aussie gold torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpw213
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mpw213

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
143
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at LEAR fragfest this weekend and ended up buying a VERY small Aussie gold torch. I’ve heard that they are tough…. But what made me pull the trigger was that it came from a mother colony that spawned in captivity, so truly aquacultured (and was only $75). I’ve had good luck so far with my Malaysian banana grail so hoping this guy works out!

20260301_180124_89B8DDAE-B042-482C-889C-4B88B2FB7D08.png

20260301_180124_8DD117E2-E9C7-48E0-884B-92816D6237DA.png
 
Was at LEAR fragfest this weekend and ended up buying a VERY small Aussie gold torch. I’ve heard that they are tough…. But what made me pull the trigger was that it came from a mother colony that spawned in captivity, so truly aquacultured (and was only $75). I’ve had good luck so far with my Malaysian banana grail so hoping this guy works out!

20260301_180124_89B8DDAE-B042-482C-889C-4B88B2FB7D08.png

20260301_180124_8DD117E2-E9C7-48E0-884B-92816D6237DA.png
Looks awesome! Way to go with the aquaculture’s coral too!
 
Was at LEAR fragfest this weekend and ended up buying a VERY small Aussie gold torch. I’ve heard that they are tough…. But what made me pull the trigger was that it came from a mother colony that spawned in captivity, so truly aquacultured (and was only $75). I’ve had good luck so far with my Malaysian banana grail so hoping this guy works out!

20260301_180124_89B8DDAE-B042-482C-889C-4B88B2FB7D08.png

20260301_180124_8DD117E2-E9C7-48E0-884B-92816D6237DA.png
Looks awesome! Way to go with the aquaculture’s coral too!
Thank you! Can’t wait to get everything off the frag rack haha, it sticks out like a sore thumb
 
Thank you! Can’t wait to get everything off the frag rack haha, it sticks out like a sore thumb
Beautiful torch for a great price! I scored a banana as well but for significantly more. Lear was a great event, I’m already looking forward to it next year! Are you going to Fragenstien in Middleburg Heights in October?
IMG_1365.jpeg
 
Thank you! Can’t wait to get everything off the frag rack haha, it sticks out like a sore thumb
Beautiful torch for a great price! I scored a banana as well but for significantly more. Lear was a great event, I’m already looking forward to it next year! Are you going to Fragenstien in Middleburg Heights in October?
IMG_1365.jpeg
That looks great! I might have talked to you when I bought it! But not 100% sure. I went to fraggenstein last year and will def go again if they have it (heard it might not happen)
 
That looks great! I might have talked to you when I bought it! But not 100% sure. I went to fraggenstein last year and will def go again if they have it (heard it might not happen)
O-H!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new