Banana grail myth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LouieH94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LouieH94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
16
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m not sure if this is true, so I’m hoping someone can chime in. I’ve heard that Banana Grails are notorious for losing their green coloration, and sometimes even the yellow.

I had a Malaysian Banana Grail in the past and over time it just started looking like a normal gold. I always wondered if it was PAR related and maybe it needed more light.

I recently picked up another Banana Grail and I’m planning to place it in higher PAR this time. Has anyone experienced this? Do they actually need higher light to hold their color?

Would appreciate any insight from more experienced reefers. Thanks!
 
And referring to Banana Grail Torches by the way! lol just felt the need to mention that.
 
They keep the color if they are true lineage

Many sell knockoffs or imposters that loose the yellow in time
 
They keep the color if they are true lineage

Many sell knockoffs or imposters that loose the yellow in time
dang that sucks to know. I guess it’s a waiting game to see how this one turns out. Thank you good sir for the response!
 
They keep the color if they are true lineage

Many sell knockoffs or imposters that loose the yellow in time
Anyone you can refer me to who sells the authentic banana grails?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new