Aussie Gold Torch

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the deal with Aussie golds? I keep hearing bad things about long term keeping of them, people say they always end up dying a year or so after for no reason , anyone else heard this and know why?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but what’s causing the failure in the Aussie gold torch
Inexperienced reefers wanting the new shiny corals. Buying the best and most expensive before trying the cheaper ones.

OP
OP
Randy’s reef

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inexperienced reefers wanting the new shiny corals. Buying the best and most expensive before trying the cheaper ones.
I mean I heard a few experienced reefers that still have this problem with aussies

Mandalorian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think quality of corals and fish lately has vastly decreased between the quality I used to get back in the late 90's 2000's, Torch's back then were dirt cheap, green and purplish brown tips/ sometimes white.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the gold torches have to travel around the world before they end up in our tanks. I'm willing to bet ones from local reefers rather than online do much better.

OP
OP
Randy’s reef

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the gold torches have to travel around the world before they end up in our tanks. I'm willing to bet ones from local reefers rather than online do much better.
Great point cause I had a friend that had one for 4 years and everyone else is like only 6 months so it’s weird but great point lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back