Aussie Gold?

remy1290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there I purchased this torch under the name “copper creeper ultra” but have not seen that specific name anywhere. Maybe new breed or just misnamed? Here are some pics maybe someone with more experience can determine.. seems like an Aussie gold or god type torch, it’s the one on the right in the video of course, thank you

D62FDD75-DF16-4AA2-8B4F-C946872578F9.png

OP
OP
R

remy1290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both look like aussie golds.....

One looks like a 24k possibly.
Thanks, I wonder how to be certain about their types, either way I love their looks, they were top shelf at the local coral store and having a big torch sale I fell in love with them right away

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I wonder how to be certain about their types, either way I love their looks, they were top shelf at the local coral store and having a big torch sale I fell in love with them right away
Short fat tenticles aussie, gold body blue tips under actinic aussie gold, gold/green body blue tips 24k.

Long tenticles indo.

This is my go to ID method lol

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there I purchased this torch under the name “copper creeper ultra” but have not seen that specific name anywhere. Maybe new breed or just misnamed? Here are some pics maybe someone with more experience can determine.. seems like an Aussie gold or god type torch, it’s the one on the right in the video of course, thank you

D62FDD75-DF16-4AA2-8B4F-C946872578F9.png
One named torch, especially with copper in it I wouldn’t add to my reef. Lol. No idea but good luck w it.

Mflores888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made up names to sell it for more

Honestly people just make up names as they go. The color on the right tho is pretty nice

OP
OP
R

remy1290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made up names to sell it for more

Honestly people just make up names as they go. The color on the right tho is pretty nice
Thanks lol I figured that was the case, just didn’t care to mention it in the store. Exited to see it grow

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a made up name to sell more. I would also keep an eye on the flesh because a lot of stores will sell torches right when they import it so most will die in our tanks from stress. That's usually why they have these huge flash sales

OP
OP
R

remy1290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely see where you’re coming from. I’m keeping more of an eye on the smaller one for that reason.

Back