Aussie lord eaten by Acan?

hangurber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, my pincushion urchin (this dude is more trouble than he’s worth) uprooted and threw my Aussie lord coral into my acan and it looks like the acan started eating the lord and one of the polyps is covered in this white stuff. Anything I can do to help it recover? (Please excuse the sand bed)

B0E77BBC-46DE-46DB-A33E-5A3C1AF6FD88.jpeg

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it's not eaten. A.echinata will sting and destroy Micromussas. Chemical warfare. The one polyp may be a right off. I'd blow it off as best you can and hope the other ones are fine. You could also dip it depending on what dips you have available.

OP
OP
hangurber

hangurber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it's not eaten. A.echinata will sting and destroy Micromussas. Chemical warfare. The one polyp may be a right off. I'd blow it off as best you can and hope the other ones are fine. You could also dip it depending on what dips you have available.
all I have is the two little fishes revive, will that help?

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just try giving it a few light blows with a turkey baster to get the "white stuff" off, which is likely chemical warfare as another poster just stated as i was typing this LOL. Glue the frag plug down to something so it doesnt happen again, and it should hopefully make it.

OP
OP
hangurber

hangurber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just try giving it a few light blows with a turkey baster to get the "white stuff" off, which is likely chemical warfare as another poster just stated as i was typing this LOL. Glue the frag plug down to something so it doesnt happen again, and it should hopefully make it.
Thanks for the response! I blew it off, poor thing looks miserable. Just as it was finally starting to grow. I was hoping I could leave it on the substrate since I like the look but the urchin is so destructive

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back