Aussie lords thread...

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Marvin. Sorry abou the color loss. I am starting to believe that these things like a lot of light.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marv, thats really odd its turned to a brown/red color. think its due to your lighting?
I have no idea... I'll be purchasing the T-5's I've been thinking on getting for so long... I think having actinics will help preserve the color or even help improve and bring back the colors...

Very nice Marvin. Sorry abou the color loss. I am starting to believe that these things like a lot of light.
if it's lots of light they want, they are getting that on my tank... 250w DE (14k Phoenix) on a 18" deep tank I think is ample... ;)

or what I'm thinking is if they do need lots of light, they also need lots of blue in there to have more vibrant colors.... just a theory... :)

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some random pics from tonight...some are familiar some are not...just trying to polish on some photo ineptness.
igljuly8-40.jpg

igljuly8-39.jpg

igljuly8-36.jpg

igljuly8-35.jpg

igljuly8-34.jpg

igljuly8-33.jpg

igljuly8-32.jpg

igljuly8-31-2.jpg

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so on a recap note. do you guys think having acans on floor bed of a tank that is 24" deep would not be a good idea for them because they are not receiving enough lighting and can cause them to lose there color. I have 250de lumenarcs with t5 sup's. In the ocean, do you know whether these corals are in the deep or higher close to the surface where they can receive ample lighting

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Yeah, that first one is really nice, but my favorite is the third. It didn't come out too well in the pic, but there is bright hot pink colorations in the mouths.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back