Austin Lefevre: Keeping Benthic Feeders with Coral: Angelfishes, Butterflyfishes, etc. | MACNA 2017

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, it's Monday and we have another MACNA 2017 speaker video for you!

Here is the second speech from Austin Lefevre about keeping possible coral nippers in your reef tank. :)

agalofre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice talk this one I really enjoyed the talk as I was one of those people that thoyght it was imposible to keep all this species in a reef tank without them eating all my corals.

Thank you for all this guidelines, but at the end you say one specific species tend to be better than others at not picking corals. Could you be a little more specific in here, like a list of centropyge, a list of butterfly and a list of angels??

Thank you!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing!

cpbartak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much for posting this one. Have been looking forward to it since hearing of it mentioned in his other talk. I learned a lot here.

Andrew D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great video, well presented. I might just try another goldflake angel in my predominately sps reef. I had one about 6 months ago who was picking at my corals, and when things went downhill for what I eventually discovered was a different reason I was too quick to pull the plug. Beautiful fish.

cpbartak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Austin, would you be willing to share your lists of better centropyge angels and chaetodon butterflies to try here? Thanks!

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as data on individual species, I've had a thread going over on RC since 2009 and compiled the results in a spreadsheet. Looks like I can't attach an excel file here though.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back