Australia in April - NEED your advise.

alexshefchik

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
746
Reaction score
99
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I will be in Cairns, Australia April 20th through the 23rd and plan on doing some snorkeling. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on who to go through or where the best spots were for snorkeling?? Thanks!
 
@Ljaus might be able to help you out.:)
 
The ribbon reefs is amazing for SPS and fish, Turtle Cove for LPS, softies and of course green sea turtles!
Just don't make the mistake I made and turn your camera to black and white without realising till it's too late [emoji23]
 
Also, if you want the beauty of cairns without the rush of the city, go further north to Port Douglas. That's where some of the boats leave to get to the reef. On the way up, you have the Great Barrier Reef on your right and the Daintree on the left. Beautiful sights!
 
If you are in cairns check out cairns marine while you are there. Hopefully they are open

Great idea! I've read they supply most of the worlds public aquariums with their livestock. From corals and inverts to fish and marine mammals.
Would love to check out their facilities!
 
Just watch out for those saltwater crocs. Last time I was in Cairns a lady was walking her dog approx 20 feet from shore and it got devoured by a Croc.
 
Haha thanks guys I am so excited to be going. My first stop is actually the Low Isles to get my feet wet first. Going to also try going to Cairns Marine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new