Auto doser input?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After getting advice, I’m going to dose All for Reef in my 25 gallon nano.

I have an open drive port on my hydros controller. So I could use one of the new X1 hydros dosing pumps for All for Reef. I could then use a regular X1 Bluetooth for my ChaetoGro, since I have a refugium.

Or, I could get the 2 channel Red Sea doser. Any thoughts on what you would choose? The hydros doser also only doses per whole mL, the Bluetooth X1 doses per 0.1 mL, and the Red Sea pump doses per 0.05 mL

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know about the hydros but I'm leaning towards red sea because ecotech is not available. I like the compact size.

Ancient Mariner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 4 head Red Sea doser a month ago and I love it. ( but I know nothing about pros/cons of any other dosing pump). Easy set up, accurate dosing, simple app. The pump is solidly made and nicely packaged giving me confidence that it’s made to last. I did buy the tubing set with organizing rack and dosing tips for $30 extra. But the price compared to other dosers is still pretty good. I highly recommend!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 4 head Red Sea doser a month ago and I love it. ( but I know nothing about pros/cons of any other dosing pump). Easy set up, accurate dosing, simple app. The pump is solidly made and nicely packaged giving me confidence that it’s made to last. I did buy the tubing set with organizing rack and dosing tips for $30 extra. But the price compared to other dosers is still pretty good. I highly recommend!
Besides alk and cal what do you dose with it? Doesn't seem like mag is necessary if you do water changes.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides alk and cal what do you dose with it? Doesn't seem like mag is necessary if you do water changes.
I dunno about others, but I am dosing the entire Red Sea lineup. Both the Foundation and the Reef Colors + NOPOX. I manually dose the AB+ due to the refrigeration and mixing/shaking requirements

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back