Auto feeder with clearview lid

  • Thread starter Thread starter discostew
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

discostew

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
42
Location
san clemente
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

i have a clearview lid on my rs-170 aio. It has one feeding door at front of tank. I have always manually fed. I have an Eheim auto feeder with the accessory cup/mount. It does t really fit n the glass and in the feeder spot. If i rest it on the lid there is plenty of space for a fish to jump. Has anyone ever diy a way with a clear view lid without buying a new one? I feed flakes and pellets.
just trying to figure out feeding when I’m gone for a few days.
 
Lifeguard intellefeed should work
 
Will take a look. It may be too long to fit at the opening. I guess i can buy from lfs and return if doesnt fit.
 
Hey all,

i have a clearview lid on my rs-170 aio. It has one feeding door at front of tank. I have always manually fed. I have an Eheim auto feeder with the accessory cup/mount. It does t really fit n the glass and in the feeder spot. If i rest it on the lid there is plenty of space for a fish to jump. Has anyone ever diy a way with a clear view lid without buying a new one? I feed flakes and pellets.
just trying to figure out feeding when I’m gone for a few days.
For the flakes can always crush up with your hand a bit before putting into the feeder. Same with pellets. That'll help it drop through the mesh of the lid easier. Then dont have to take the feed door off and can leave as is. Would that work well for this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new