Auto top off doesn’t seems to work

nicowboy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Messages
164
Reaction score
116
Location
Henderson
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys !

I recently purchased a nano max peninsula and I see that the Auto top off is not doing the job (the one that comes with it), like the water is too hight for the valve to go down and let the water flow … but I can tell that my aquarium is losing salt water, by any chance does it happened to you before ? How did you fix it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4445.MOV
    50 MB
  • IMG_4445.MOV
    50 MB
Can you control the height of the water underneath the top off container? that should totally work unless you've over-filled the "return" area?
 
Can you control the height of the water underneath the top off container? that should totally work unless you've over-filled the "return" area?
I will try to lower the water from the return area, hopefully it will fix the problem
 
Does the manual show what the water level should be?
 
I think a good assumption is the start when the water is just closing the floatvalve and as long as the skimmer/filter are working should be okay.
 
No it doesn’t…. Tried to look everywhere, no information at all

1660077902816.png


https://www.redseafish.com/wp-conte...Cube-Peninsula-Manual_EN_DE_FR_JP_CH_V22C.pdf
 
Auto top ups are never working as they should i am constantly having to tinker with mine and then it will just stop filling completley or adding too much water.

It is really quite amazing to think about how the ocean just maintains salinity on its own with all the freshwater constantly being dumped into the ocean everyday. I visited Niagra falls in Ontario a few years back and was just like this thing just constantly flows like this all day every day since the dawn of time?????????? what the heck am i witnessing right now LOL

My auto top up system on my red sea 525 xl is completley useless . but i guess its the best option i have LOL
 
Auto top ups are never working as they should i am constantly having to tinker with mine and then it will just stop filling completley or adding too much water.

It is really quite amazing to think about how the ocean just maintains salinity on its own with all the freshwater constantly being dumped into the ocean everyday. I visited Niagra falls in Ontario a few years back and was just like this thing just constantly flows like this all day every day since the dawn of time?????????? what the heck am i witnessing right now LOL

My auto top up system on my red sea 525 xl is completley useless . but i guess its the best option i have LOL
That’s a good point nature is amazing !
Pretty sure you always have to touch it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new