Auto top off doesn’t seems to work

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys !

I recently purchased a nano max peninsula and I see that the Auto top off is not doing the job (the one that comes with it), like the water is too hight for the valve to go down and let the water flow … but I can tell that my aquarium is losing salt water, by any chance does it happened to you before ? How did you fix it

Attachments

• IMG_4445.MOV
    50 MB
  • IMG_4445.MOV
    50 MB
OP
OP
nicowboy

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control the height of the water underneath the top off container? that should totally work unless you've over-filled the "return" area?
I will try to lower the water from the return area, hopefully it will fix the problem

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the manual show what the water level should be?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it doesn’t…. Tried to look everywhere, no information at all

1660077902816.png

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto top ups are never working as they should i am constantly having to tinker with mine and then it will just stop filling completley or adding too much water.

It is really quite amazing to think about how the ocean just maintains salinity on its own with all the freshwater constantly being dumped into the ocean everyday. I visited Niagra falls in Ontario a few years back and was just like this thing just constantly flows like this all day every day since the dawn of time?????????? what the heck am i witnessing right now LOL

My auto top up system on my red sea 525 xl is completley useless . but i guess its the best option i have LOL

OP
OP
nicowboy

nicowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto top ups are never working as they should i am constantly having to tinker with mine and then it will just stop filling completley or adding too much water.

It is really quite amazing to think about how the ocean just maintains salinity on its own with all the freshwater constantly being dumped into the ocean everyday. I visited Niagra falls in Ontario a few years back and was just like this thing just constantly flows like this all day every day since the dawn of time?????????? what the heck am i witnessing right now LOL

My auto top up system on my red sea 525 xl is completley useless . but i guess its the best option i have LOL
That’s a good point nature is amazing !
Pretty sure you always have to touch it

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back