Auto water change benefits?

Did you notice an improvement in coral health after starting auto water changes?

• Total voters

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's going to be hard to argue that auto water changes are not good for a tank. Water changes in any form always do a good job at removing organics and pollutants and will help keep parameters stable. My question is for those who do have these systems set up. Did you notice any difference from before you started doing them and after, specifically in the coral?

OP
OP
Oregon Grown Reef

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself had to vote other as I just set mine up yesterday, so I haven't had it long enough to notice any benefit. Excited to see the replies.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up AWCs after seeing the positive reaction from my SPS immediately after large manual water changes....I am guessing due to the replenishment of trace elements more than anything. Now I use AWCs and change roughly 4 gallons daily which gives me that replenishment on a daily basis which makes my SPS happy.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not dosing at all since starting the AWCs....everything my tank needs is in the salt mix, other than ALK and Ca. I will say, in addition to my daily AWCs, I still do a manual change at the end of the week, strictly to give me the chance to do some manual cleaning.

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a revive of the thread. Curious on others experience.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back