Auto WC instead of carrying buckets

Do you have a example of the plumbing? I have no clue when it comes to RODI in one and another is mixed. Not sure how it works.

When I did a water storage setup (I didn’t have awc) I had an indoor utility closet with two commercial 50g brutes

D8CAA198-636A-4A83-8CB3-8511BAC24829.jpeg
BBD5A48D-F064-460A-A8D5-CFC49F140A3E.jpeg


Gray was rodi and room temp
Blue was 1.026 sw and had a heater and a BIG powerhead in it. When the sw got low I would refill it from my rodi and dump the salt in and let the powerhead continuously keep it mixed. I’d wait 24+ hours before using it.

I figure if I needed to ever do a large water change then it’s heated and mixed and ready to go in the tank
 
Hi, how about some pics of the automatic WC setup?
 
Do you have a example of the plumbing? I have no clue when it comes to RODI in one and another is mixed. Not sure how it works.

I collected ro/di is a second set of two 44 gallon Brutes, and pumped water over when needed.

The plumbing between the two brutes was just a bulkhead on each in the side near the bottom, and a short segment of pvc in between with a union in the middle to separate them if needed.
 
Throughout the day or one fell swoop? Am I correct in thought that if only trace replenishment is desired then passim would be sufficient while doing very little if anything for export?

I used a slow pump that ran in about 20 x 15 minute segments through the day and night on a simple timer.
 
Okay I bought my versa dosing pumps and it's all set. 12hr to waterchange 2%. That should be plenty of time to mix in with the old water. My mixing station tub are tiny so will have to mix a new batch every 3 weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new