AutoAqua AWC/ATO Pump Upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoshF7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Pretty sure you need 5.5mm x 2.5 mm barrel jack plugs for the pumps, not 2.1 mm ID.

I say this only because I tried 2.1mm ID plugs and the prong is clearly too big for the pump sockets. 2.1mm fits the power outlet perfectly though. The pumps also fit into the power outlet plug, but not vice versa so I think this tracks. Esp since the OD of the sockets are all clearly the same but the ID clearly needs to be bigger for the bigger prongs inside the sockets for the three pumps.

In the end I just got two 5-12V DC submersible pumps with female ends that are 2.1, a female to male adapter for a 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug and a 2.1 female to 2.5 male adapter. Kinda ugly but looks to work.

TL;DR I'd recommend anyone looking at wiring a pump themselves for this buy 5.5mm x 2.5 mm male plugs instead.l of the 5.5 mm x 2.1 OP linked to. Or if you want you can get any DC pump/adapter combo that will end with said male plug.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new