Automated ATO re-fill with Neptune Apex

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers :)

I am planning to add automation to my ATO compartment using the Neptune Apex.

Here is how I am planning to do it; please do comment, advise and criticise (.. if you must!). Any previous experience along these lines will be greatly appreciated.

Aquarium side:

Water storage side:
Down the line, automated water change will be set up as well using the DOS, but for now im gonna stick with my Reefloat.

Cheers!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the Neptune ATK kit. This includes the Neptune PMUP pump, the FMM module, two optical sensors and a float sensor, 1/4" orange tubing and 24v power supply for the FMM module. The FMM has two spare ports, and on this I'd run a LLS for your RO container and one of the new LDK sensors (the grey and orange one).

If you have your heart set on drilling your Cade tank, I'd drill a hole in the RO reservoir lid as opposed to the actual tank itself. Alternately you can just get a U-shaped plastic piece to slip over the side and have the lid slightly open (and not drill anything). The ATK kit comes with a combination dual-optical magnetic sensor/float setup that you just stick inside the tank reservoir.

I run a nearly identical setup for my Red Sea 750XXL, so if you'd like to see how I have it configured just drop me a line.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back