Automatic Feeder

love the mod. I have 2 x Ehiems lying around that aren't working for 1 reason or another. Will need to see if the motor powers up on either and I am away.

Thinking of cutting the end off a USB cable, wiring directly to the motor and then the other end is USB and connects to a universal Mains/USB adaptor (so quickly disconnects should you ever want to move the unit)
 
Did this last night to 1 of my spares. I just cut the end off a "Micro" end off a Micro USB cable and following the instructions. No I can use any standard USB wall plug adaptor to power it from a GHL power socket. Easy to disconnect if I want to for any reason. Works like a treat.

Just need to figure out the feeding (cyclic between certain hours) which I hope it easy enough using a timer with an AND function. I'd also like one of the feed buttons to power the socket for a few seconds (trigger a drum rotation).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new