Avast or Bubble Magus

  • Thread starter Thread starter capnjack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

capnjack

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
8
Location
midwest
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking to add a Kalk stirrer to my system but was debating which to pick between the 2, which is more durable and reliable and noticed the price was fairly close between the two Thanks
 
My buddy tried everything from Icecap, Geo, BM to Avast and he said Avast is his favorite by far.
I ordered the K1 DIY kit and will be putting it together this weekend.
 
Think that's what I was going to order the diy kit, I saw they also have the glue I can order with it, on the video I noticed they use the PVC glue though
 
Think that's what I was going to order the diy kit, I saw they also have the glue I can order with it, on the video I noticed they use the PVC glue though
I didn't even pay attention to it so I just ordered the kit! I think the housing for the motor is PVC so PVC glue will probably work.
 
Guessing long as it welds the plastic together, weld on or pvc glue are probably the same
 
My mistake, I just read the instructions and the kit comes with Weld-on 4052 to glue the body to base plate and other fittings (Acrylic to PVC). We will need hot glue or silicone for the motor housing (recommended for future service if the motor if needed)
 
Avast all the way just received a K1 the other day solid build Justin and Dan provide great customer service.
 

Attachments

  • 20220707_165017.jpg
    20220707_165017.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 59
One other question, from what I've researched your top off goes through the kalk stirer what would be a good size pump to use ? The one that came with my ato looks like it might be to small far as GPh
 
Dont use your top off..you cant control your Kalk dosage. Get a dosing pump. I use

https://www.kamoer.com/fx-stp.html
I have this dosing pump with the Avast K1 and cant be happier..well I could, but would involve being skinnier, a national top athlete and having Addison Rae at my side.
 
One other question, from what I've researched your top off goes through the kalk stirer what would be a good size pump to use ? The one that came with my ato looks like it might be to small far as GPh
Personally I am going to use one of my Versa pumps, but the Kamoer FX-STP is good as stated above.
 
Yeah I use the FX-STP on my Calcium reactor extremely reliable, eBay has the FX-STP for $208.00 brand new bought one from there a while back thought it was going to be a fake, but it is the real deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1335099952...lkpftirsdy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Wow, that is a great deal if they are legit! The Versa Pump was a good alternative prior to the huge price increased (I think it used to be $150, now $200 and seldomly in-stock).
The Versa is more versatile but the Kamoer seems to be better build).
 
Wow, that is a great deal if they are legit! The Versa Pump was a good alternative prior to the huge price increased (I think it used to be $150, now $200 and seldomly in-stock).
The Versa is more versatile but the Kamoer seems to be better build).
Yeah I was iffy about ordering that pump from eBay, but I talked to the seller and they reassured me that it was authentic and if I didn't like it or something was off with the pump I could send it back for a refund. I own 8 Versas I bought them back when they were $165.00 great pumps but for my calcium reactor I wanted a dedicated standalone continuous duty pump, plus all of my Versas are used for other things.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new