Avast Ozone Reactor Carbon PostFilter

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with experience with the cabon post filter to the Avast Ozone Reactor. I just got mine set up, and am having issues with the carbon escaping the filter and being pulled into my sump along with the flow of the water. I'm using the actual carbon that came with the filter, so I shouldn't be using carbon that is not compatible. They are pretty decent times pellets; and am wondering if there is some manufacturer defect with my unit. Anyone have any experience with this device?

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andrew, I am also researching buying one of those since I seen it in use at a fellow reefer who I bought some corals from. From what I remember from his , there was a screen and foam block that prevented the carbon from being pushed out of the reactor. Just as any reactor would have either a screen or a screen and a foam block to prevent material from being pushed out. Perhaps they forgot to include it or maybe you have it installed backwads?

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andrew, I am also researching buying one of those since I seen it in use at a fellow reefer who I bought some corals from. From what I remember from his , there was a screen and foam block that prevented the carbon from being pushed out of the reactor. Just as any reactor would have either a screen or a screen and a foam block to prevent material from being pushed out. Perhaps they forgot to include it or maybe you have it installed backwads?
Yep…I figured it out. I did have the input connected to the output and vice versa.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep…I figured it out. I did have the input connected to the output and vice versa.
I am glad it was a simple fix...I am about ready to buy the same exact ozone reactor and add a second smaller skimmer for just the reactor and for the output of my bio ball reactor. I am building a "dry Box" for all of it. I want to keep all my reactors dry and out of my sump but protect my place incase of a leak...

Attachments

• Reactor dry box.jpg
    Reactor dry box.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 62

mxreef887

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone with experience with the cabon post filter to the Avast Ozone Reactor. I just got mine set up, and am having issues with the carbon escaping the filter and being pulled into my sump along with the flow of the water. I'm using the actual carbon that came with the filter, so I shouldn't be using carbon that is not compatible. They are pretty decent times pellets; and am wondering if there is some manufacturer defect with my unit. Anyone have any experience with this device?
I am also researching these. Does it come with a pump, or does it need to hook up to a skimmer?

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my complete set up avast ozone reactor, carbon post reactor, pump to feed water to it and a Poseidon 200 ozone generator. I will be feeding the water after the carbon reactor to a second skimmer(tunze 9410) which my bio ball reactor also dumps into..

gibbers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got my complete set up avast ozone reactor, carbon post reactor, pump to feed water to it and a Poseidon 200 ozone generator. I will be feeding the water after the carbon reactor to a second skimmer(tunze 9410) which my bio ball reactor also dumps into..
Mine arrives today. Contemplating effluent to skimmer or to sump. If I go to skimmer I have some rearranging todo

mxreef887

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine arrives today. Contemplating effluent to skimmer or to sump. If I go to skimmer I have some rearranging todo
So you will be using an air pump to feed ozone to it? Looking forward to seeing how it goes. I saw they have a new version coming out, but might get the 2.0 while it is on sale.

gibbers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes and I added the ozone generator they offer. I am also putting the reactor effluent through a second much larger carbon reactor since I cant easily go to my skimmer right now

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The air pump is to push air through the ozone generator, I am using a air dryer made out of a old reactor for the air pump to pull air from. I also got the post carbon reactor from Avast along with the ozone reactor and the Poseidon 200 ozone gen. I am going a extra step and have the output from the post carbon go into a second small skimmer which also will have my output from my bio ball reactor going into it.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out the air dryer now, i am going to be drying beads weekly at this rate
wow..you have that much humidity in your place? I just thought of something, do you have the intake to the air dryer under your tank ? If so, then I would run a line from the intake to the air dryer to outside of the bottom of the tank area. Pull air from the room not the sump area. I am going to do the same.

gibbers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow..you have that much humidity in your place? I just thought of something, do you have the intake to the air dryer under your tank ? If so, then I would run a line from the intake to the air dryer to outside of the bottom of the tank area. Pull air from the room not the sump area. I am going to do the same.
It is in my basement and right now the humidity is 42%. I was using a cheap silicon bead dryer from amazon. I did end up buying the IQ20 and it will be here tomorrow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back