Avast plank DIY food rexipe?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m in the process of “formulating” my own DIY freeze dried recipe for my plank auto feeder, but I am wondering if anyone else has done this so I don’t reinvent the wheel?

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one? I’m thinking about mixing freeze dried: arctic copepods, copepods, mysis, spirulina brine shrimp, and pacific krill. Would love more insights.

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up doing? How did it work out? I’m trying to come up with a formula too. I was thinking the same as you have going on.

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What did you end up doing? How did it work out? I’m trying to come up with a formula too. I was thinking the same as you have going on.
I’ve just been using free jerky that came with the feeder. After I run out, I am planning to do my own formula of freeze dried foods. I have tried to add dried nori for my herbivores and that didn’t seem to work with the shaft (cut it into about 1/4”x1/4” pieces).

As a side note I’ve noticed the window allows for some degradation of pigments/food quality, so I’ve also been trying to find a uv film to put over it.

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just been using free jerky that came with the feeder. After I run out, I am planning to do my own formula of freeze dried foods. I have tried to add dried nori for my herbivores and that didn’t seem to work with the shaft (cut it into about 1/4”x1/4” pieces).

As a side note I’ve noticed the window allows for some degradation of pigments/food quality, so I’ve also been trying to find a uv film to put over it.
So a little reef jerky goes a long way then?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back