diy coral food question

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
i'm wondering if anyone has made a diy coral tank recipe similar to the TM np plus. i maybe talking rubbish but can one create a mixture of PO4 and NO3 with a carbon souce such as vodka to dose to the tank to suppliment coral nutrients? there may also be more additives that would be ideal to mix in aswell? @Randy Holmes-Farley, do you have any suggestions for this? i know i can increase nutrients by feeding more, however this feeds all unwanted things at the same time.
thanks for any input.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, one can do that. I'm not sure I'd recommend it as an all in one since the demand for all three may not be the same in every aquarium, but certainly, if you determined how much N, P and organic carbon you want to dose and what type, it would be fine to combine them. If you just want to guess, that could work if you closely monitor N and P for a while.

OP
OP
E

e34stx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks, i woiuld have to monitor it, maybe start with a base line no3 and po4 dose with a small amount of vodka/vinegar and RO. watch what happens to the neutrients and adjust each to obtain the results.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back