Avast Plank Feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrloyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jrloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
47
Location
Bedford
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my plank feeder but apparently my snails do as well. Every now and then I get a snail that moves across the outlet hole for the food to drop out of and apparently gets stuck from the pump suction and dies. Any ideas of how to prevent this? Seems to always happen while I am away. Maybe I get a smart plug for the pump part so I can shut it off for a while whenever i notice it. The food kind of builds up in the cup because the hole is blocked and the pump doesn’t circulate the water well.
 
Maybe a 3D printed snail guard? See if Avast can help, they probably prototype a lot of stuff with 3D Printing.
 
Good thought. I send them a message.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new