AWC salt and tank

Mr. GoodStuff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2019
Messages
244
Reaction score
49
Location
60455
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wondering how everyone has their AWC water tanks setup and what salt you’re using to prevent buildup.

Also is everyone just letting the water sit there in the tank without movement or just letting the mixing pump run 24/7? I plan to run my AWC over a 2 week period before the tank needs to be refilled with new saltwater.
 
I don't mix mine after I've made the batch and mine lasts about 3 1/2 weeks. I think you're just asking for precipitation/ salt creep with additional mixing. Tropic Marin is pretty stable and good for long term storage, though I have used Reef Crystals as well for AWCs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new