AWC with DOS

Deborah Armay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Is it unusual for the sump level to change during auto water changes. I do 3 gal bt 1200 and 1430. I have safety items built into program so the sump doesn’t overflow. I have the apex ATK with the high and low sensor and have the program that shuts off the dos if the water reaches the upper sensor. Well yesterday it only completed half the water change bc the water in the sump reaches the upper sensor n it shut off the DOS. Anybody else noticing that the water rises in the sump during water changes?

ariceneo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ends up in the low side most the time , I just did a recalibrate and my sump is now right on
So try doing that with the tubes in the full run length

OP
OP
D

Deborah Armay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time using the Dos so I just calibrated. I guess maybe I should do it again. Or check the outlet for the dirty water drainage. Thanks

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you follow the setup instructions in Fusion for how the lines are run? The heads are configured differently (one runs backwards) for AWC than if you were just dosing. And the calibration runs the normal way so you have to swap the lines after calibration for it to pull the water our properly.

OP
OP
D

Deborah Armay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the task on the apex fusion and made sure the water was going the right way. I will recheck

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Configured or working properly, the DOS removes exactly the same amount of water that it adds, so levels should not be changing. Check your salinity to see if it’s creeping up.

Daquan44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the DOS for AWC for my main display and Quarantine tank. Since it removes water and replaces water at the same time it should not change the level in the system. When I first set mines up, I ran the fusion task, but the actual program ran the head in the opposite direction. As a result one head was adding new salt water and the other wasn't removing old salt water. I had to go into the heads controls and modify the intervals action. You can either remove, or add which changes the direction the head spins.

Daquan44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Example

Dos.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back