OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the setup so far. how much rock is that (lbs? and dimensions of your tank. im wondeirng if 100lbs of macro and about 4 foundation pieces (flat on bottom) is overkill for my 4x2 WB
Not positive on the weight, it’s about 130lbs. I have 6 flat bottom pieces and 2 that are on top for corals.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. Is the tank fully against the wall and have you considered doing the gate valve mod to replace the red sea valve?
There is about 3” behind the tank to the wall. I have the parts for the gate valve on the drain line. However I am waiting for more plumbing parts to arrive to finish things up on the plumbing. Once I have it finished underneath I’ll get more pictures and description of what I did and why.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the manifold built and installed. I’m going to feed it with a dedicated pump. This way the return line gets it’s own pump. Also mounted the 40w UV to the side. It will circulate water within the sump.
The incoming fitting to the manifold is a 3/4” barb. The UV is also 3/4” Barbs.
The 1/2 barbs will feed an algae scrubber, carbon, gfo and what ever else.

Long term plan is to move the UV into a cabinet that will be next to the tank.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress.

I added water to the tank and started it cycling. It’s got Dr Tims and Microbacter7 in it. The MP-40s are running to provide flow.

Also been working on the dry side of the cabinet. Mounted most of the power supplies and controls.

I can’t run the sump till I clamp the main return line. The clamp I need(want) will be here Thursday to secure the return line. Once that is secure, I’ll be able to get the sump running. It’s all about steps to get to the end.

Also installed LED under cabinet lights.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inching closer to the finish line! Looking good!

Btw, my wife stopped nagging me on fish mess, she realized even with my best efforts, there's going to be fish clutter.

Hopefully, eventually, as I get comfortable with what I have and stop tinkering and adding equipment, I will get rid of the clutter... I'm just not there yet!

Another note, if you ever invite me over, I have a tank warming gift for you.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inching closer to the finish line! Looking good!

Btw, my wife stopped nagging me on fish mess, she realized even with my best efforts, there's going to be fish clutter.

Hopefully, eventually, as I get comfortable with what I have and stop tinkering and adding equipment, I will get rid of the clutter... I'm just not there yet!

Another note, if you ever invite me over, I have a tank warming gift for you.
Thanks,

Still a little ways from inviting folks over to see the tank up and running. Heck, the room it's in is our front room adjacent to the front door. I need to get it all cleaned up. It's coming along though.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has bacteria building up.
In the mean time I have everything up and running. Lights are going to stay off for a while.

BRS carbon reactor is mounted to 80/20 aluminum. The skimmer is shut off to let the bacteria grow. Also have some foam filters in place for future hospital and QT needs.

That’s a Clearwater CW200 algae scrubber. It will run opposite times of the main lights.

A pic of the entire system up and running.

Pentair 40w UV light mounted to the exterior.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the mean time my QT is up and running. We put these two guys in last week.

I know the tank decoration is silly, wife wanted it.... really she did.

Unless something goes really bad this will be the last post till I get the DT cycle done. Approx, 7 weeks from now.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I forgot to send you pics of the water level in my sump, but it's the same as your water level...

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to send you pics of the water level in my sump, but it's the same as your water level...
It’s ok, I managed to get it all figured out. I had it to full originally. After I removed nearly 2 gallons from the sump things ran better.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished up my Fancy Mixing station. Aquatop Heater, Tunze Powerhead. Yep, that temp of 89 is of the water coming out of my RO system. The heater isn't even set to turn on till 77 degrees... Gotta love Arizona.

Everything is attached to the barrel with these fasteners. They work very well. Used them also on my Powersupplies in my electrical cabinet.

Zoom in.. It's not Velcro. Both sides are the same.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back