OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had been using RC for about 18 years never had a problem keeping any coral and about 6 years ago I started to have issues with yumas and a few other corals. I got a bad bag of RC that killed about $1000 worth of livestock and was told from a LFS that was trying toget Aquarium Systems to do something about it by either replacing my livestock(which didn't happen) or give me free salt of my choice. Well I sent the rest of the bag to them for testing and they said there was nothing wrong with it(of course). The bag I had was giving me test of Alk that was off the highend of the test and PH of 13-14...I was also told that they had made adjustments to the formula about the sametime....I quit using it and went to oceanic and got the dreaded brown slime algae.....The the rep for AS sent me 2 boxes of RC. So I used them and had no issues but all of my yumas that I had that lived melted. About 4 years ago or so I switched to Red Sea Pro and have no issues keeping Yumas or any other corals....I still have some yumas melt once in awhile after shipping like they tend to do but I can and do have some yumas that are thriving like they never have before RSP.......Luckily the LFS that I deal with RSP is the only thing they use as well...Even my Floridas look better over the last 4 years then I had them look in the years past....

Not sure if it is something missing with RC or what, I could never pinpoint it with testing but do know with me RC couldn't keep yumas alive for nothing....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here some new yumas I traded the LFS for...
DSCN2320-1.jpg

DSCN2317-1.jpg

DSCN2315-1.jpg

There is a tiny cool little polyp on the rock as well, I haven't determind wither it is a zoa or an anemone yet.....Either way it is a cool crystal red color.

I'm A Dork Fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are nice. I have them in both of my tanks. Unfortunately, you really can't see the one in my 30G. It is near the back on the side of the rock work. :( I forgot it was there when I rearranged my rock. LOL oh well.

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slicing the foot of which kind? Yumas or ricordea?

Both...I have had luck doing this for some time now. I got the idea when one of my leathers had been attached to 2 different rocks. I just sliced the foot of the leather so that i could get the 2 apart, and the foot on the second rock grew into a nice new leather. I again had the same issue when one of my yumas attached itself to 2 rocks and i did the same. the tiny 1/8" piece of foot turned into another yuma. Then i began to do it to all the rics and yumas. within a few weeks i had lots of babies!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info....I might have to try this on a few cheap ones first......I don't think I have the guts to try it on the ultra ones with all the problems I have had with them.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here some better pics taken today.....I have 14 Florida ricordea coming tomorrow...
DSCN2341-2.jpg

DSCN2342-2.jpg

DSCN2343-2.jpg

DSCN2347-1.jpg

DSCN2368-1.jpg

DSCN2369.jpg

Group shots..
DSCN2379.jpg

DSCN2378.jpg

DSCN2367-1.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics with the 14 new ones......Almost done adding Florida rics unless I see some very special ones...Next will be a few more yumas and a couple LPS then it will be complete and let to grow and expand.
DSCN2381-1.jpg

DSCN2382-1.jpg

DSCN2383-1.jpg

DSCN2385-1.jpg

DSCN2386-1.jpg

DSCN2389-1.jpg

DSCN2390-1.jpg

DSCN2392-1.jpg

DSCN2393-1.jpg

DSCN2394-1.jpg

DSCN2396-1.jpg

DSCN2397-1.jpg

DSCN2400-1.jpg

Just for fun....
DSCN2401.jpg

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
azurel that hot pink yuma on the left reminds me of my hot pink that died on me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back