OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look out for updated pics....I have about 13 new ricordea from Yumas to Floridas to take picks of......Will be adding to my thread here in the next few days.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pics of new Ricordea....Some pics are not so good.
Hot pink Ricordea
DSCN1982.jpg

DSCN1996.jpg

Orange Ricordea as freebie with the pinks
DSCN1986.jpg

Yellow Florida ricordea
DSCN1985.jpg

Lavender and pink
DSCN1991.jpg

Multiple Orange florida
DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1988.jpg

DSCN1990.jpg

Here is the biggest one I have bought...Brownish/Red color easily 3"+ across
DSCN1993.jpg

DSCN1994.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have 3 total yellows and they are sweet.....I plan on letting some things grow for a bit. Recoup on spending and chill.....I might get one more yuma but nothing more then that.I will have updated pics in a few days most of those have only been in the tank a week or 2 at the most.....The yuma I got yesterday from Aqua-SD is huge even bigger then it was in the pics.....The pink yuma is almost to bright for my coolpix it keeps over saturating the macro mode....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have one more exotic yuma coming this week and that will be it for awhile.....I will have pics of that one sometime this week....The almond/brown/redish one was absolutly huge yesterday. I need to get a pic of it now. Those were 24hrs after acclimation.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Laughing*** Oh, you may have a few more than that coming, the weather is getting nicer fast :bigsmile:.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Laughing*** Oh, you may have a few more than that coming, the weather is getting nicer fast :bigsmile:.

LOL.....I know Iw asn't talking about that though....Yes the weather is getting better, soon you will have a package on the way as well...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.....Lost some yumas but gain some as well.....Break even on that account..I got some really killer Florida ricordea coming in the next couple weeks....Major changes coming to my tank in the next week. I hope the yumas benifit and take to the changes OK as we all know they are fickle creatures....Will post pics at some point after the changes......

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is pretty sweet......I would have more right now but got a infection of some protozoa....I would have about between 30-50 more.

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30x30x8T frag tank that will be lit by a single 250w MH. I plan on putting a 12x12 eggcrate in the middle and allowing rics/yumas grown in the crushed seashell sand bed all around the frag rack.

I have found by seperating with a single slice of the foot, they reproduce like crazy! I will slice the foot of a ric 3-4 times and in a week i will have 3-4 more baby rics than before! I plan on getting maybe 5-6 different colors and letting them go crazy like he has!

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see your love for the rics is still going strong. What changed to allow you to keep Yuma?

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I do different then the last 10 years is I switched salt from RC to Red Sea Pro.......Other then that everything has been done the same so honestly that is the only thing I can think of....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30x30x8T frag tank that will be lit by a single 250w MH. I plan on putting a 12x12 eggcrate in the middle and allowing rics/yumas grown in the crushed seashell sand bed all around the frag rack.

I have found by seperating with a single slice of the foot, they reproduce like crazy! I will slice the foot of a ric 3-4 times and in a week i will have 3-4 more baby rics than before! I plan on getting maybe 5-6 different colors and letting them go crazy like he has!

Slicing the foot of which kind? Yumas or ricordea?

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I do different then the last 10 years is I switched salt from RC to Red Sea Pro.......Other then that everything has been done the same so honestly that is the only thing I can think of....

Thats very interesting, i was also using rc and failing with yuma.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back