Background colors for tanks

Beautiful mural, love how it looks with the tank. 👏
Thank you! I used to keep seahorses so its my remembrance of that season of my aquaria, although seadragons are a bit more exotic than regular seahorses, LOL.
 
My goal with any background is to increase the illusion of depth, so black is my go-to for freshwater tanks (mainly because I prefer blackwater tanks, and that color background makes it seem like the tank goes on forever).

1000034974.jpg


Our 125 g reef tank is about 4" away from the wall, so I went with no background, instead opting to paint the wall behind a natural looking light tan / off white color. As long as the back glass is clean, it gives the illusion of a deeper tank than it actually is. Now I just need to paint the bottom ends of the light mounts so they disappear.

1000034788.jpg
 
My goal with any background is to increase the illusion of depth, so black is my go-to for freshwater tanks (mainly because I prefer blackwater tanks, and that color background makes it seem like the tank goes on forever).

1000034974.jpg


Our 125 g reef tank is about 4" away from the wall, so I went with no background, instead opting to paint the wall behind a natural looking light tan / off white color. As long as the back glass is clean, it gives the illusion of a deeper tank than it actually is. Now I just need to paint the bottom ends of the light mounts so they disappear.

1000034788.jpg
Nice tank I love the botanicals, and smart move on the wall color as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new