OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like my Hot pink/orange yuma is starting to take a crap on me.....Not sure if I can save it...Should have just left it where it was, but live and learn I guess....

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a couple pictures to document it's progress either good or bad. Would like to see if its the same thing i used to experience.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like my Hot pink/orange yuma is starting to take a crap on me.....Not sure if I can save it...Should have just left it where it was, but live and learn I guess....
yikes.. I'm sorry to hear that James... hope, somehow it turns back around for good...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the only difference that it is doing then what they normally do for me is it isn't sending out the minstrel(sp?) filaments out a whole on the bottom but the mouth and has shed most of the color around the mouth.....It let go of the rock it was on about 4 days ago with no issue. I think there was to much flow or light where it was. I didn't take as long this time with the photo acclimation as I did the other ones. Of which I should have known better but it was so healthy and full.....Last night I put it in a cup with some rubble and put it in some low flow. This morning it looked like it does now, so I cut the cup down even farther and dipped it in some tank water and iodide. Instead of rubble I put some sugar sand in the bottom of the cup.....We will see what happens....The other on I got is doing absolutely fabulous.....I got some more into day that I will have to get pics of....Along with the others....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update....

It looks to have stabilized in the shade and seems to be pulling in the filaments as there are not as many as this morning. It isn't sloughing off slime either which is a better then negative sign. But still not out of the woods yet by any means....I tried to get a pic today Steve but the spot that it is in isn't going to make it easy for a good shot to see what is happening.....This morning it was a typical yuma that is going through the normal stages of melting I would say, just like the 8-9 before it......I should have put it in the shade like I knew but exuberance got the best of me.....Let that be a lesson to all of us again....

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets pray to the coral gods that it makes a full recovery. lol. :)

I've experienced issues only with light in the case of Yuma's, overexposure. Mine love and are used to the high/medium flow in my tank. I shade them in every situation now. Currently under T5's my acclimation process with the past 2 yuma's has been over a 2 week period since my lighting is so intense over a 20g. I made a little cave that can been used for this occassion and move the peice/polyp progressively out.

Just wondering, what sort of colors did ya get in today? :)

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets pray to the coral gods that it makes a full recovery. lol. :)

I've experienced issues only with light in the case of Yuma's, overexposure. Mine love and are used to the high/medium flow in my tank. I shade them in every situation now. Currently under T5's my acclimation process with the past 2 yuma's has been over a 2 week period since my lighting is so intense over a 20g. I made a little cave that can been used for this occassion and move the peice/polyp progressively out.

Just wondering, what sort of colors did ya get in today? :)

Yea I do the same thing Steve......I knew better and I am sure now that it was due to lighting as all the other Yumas I have gotten this past week are fine and in more shade then what it was in. I didn't acclimate the others and the pastel pink one that was in the same shipment has colored up and is doing so good. I just should have know netter with these hot pink/Orange metallic colored ones......My own dang fault, I hope it pulls through I feel better about it now just before my lights went out then I did this morning seeing it....Only time will tell, I will save up again and get another one and put it in the shade till it settles in....

Really feel like a dumb butt doing what I did and knowing better after all the advice I have given out.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pastel pink Yuma updated...This thing is huge at east 3''
DSCN2363.jpg

DSCN2361.jpg

Gold lace yumas finally starting to color up...
DSCN2362.jpg

DSCN2390.jpg

New ones I got in the last week and a half...The first ones were quite light in color and have been getting more green in them and keeping the white hihglights.
DSCN2382.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

DSCN2354.jpg

I got these off ebay from Joseph Lee...They have a bit of pink in them and some purple with gree edges.
DSCN2365.jpg

DSCN2381.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks still dealing with some algea issues, and all of a sudden red planaria....I am not sure where they came from I think off a frag from a LFS.....But they are all over now, time for a 6 line I think....

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah do you know what that algae is? I had it on a rock but i threw it down in the sump. Flatworms for me my friend, i need my sixline back! :(

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my hot pink/ Orange yuma might be coming around, it has not slimed up but for the first night and seems to be healing around the mouth now. It is still solid(not soft and mushy) and starting to fill up a bit.....If I can save this thing that would be a feather in my cap....

Steve Not sure of the type of algea it is...I do have some hair type that is a pain but this other kind is really filimentious and you can squeeze all the water out of it and it is like filter floss......I know tangs seem to love it though if I could only keep them alive long enough to help out.....If it not ick it's my overflowbox or my elegance that gets them......I will be on my 4th Sailfin in 2 1/2 months....

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome...I used to be totally obsessed with Ricos....you've re-intrigued me :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back