OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a frag tank back in the coral section now.....Most of it looked like crap I didn't plan on buying anything either but I saw them and Steve told the girl that ya those are part of the $20 frags.....They are pretty sweet....

3 polyps fell off so once they settle in and grow a bit I will have one for you Bret. there are 4 big ones and 3 small ones. There was another branch rock in there as well......That rock only had 2 polyps though. These ones Steve separated from the rest cause they were he best of the bunch and still sold them to me for $20.....Good deal as far as I am concerned...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks OP......

Bret...

They are doing good, the pastel pink one is doing excellent as far as the orange one it is going through some issue but still healthy. I think it is just trying to get used to the conditions and lighting. It inflates and deflates multiple times a day and has expelled zoxangthelli(sp?) a couple of times. At first I think I had to much flow going towards it and that was causing some stress. I unplugged that PH and it seems to be doing better now.....The rocks that both corals came in on have multiple hitch hiking corals on them will be interesting to see what they grow into.......But I will have a few rics for you here in the next few months.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that have ever seen.....I honestly don't think that is a color that is seen in nature in Florida rics....I have been doing more reading on them and it seems that the Ricordea yuma is considered the "True ricordea" and the Ricordea florida is a impostor species....Not sure how much truth is in that though.....

Not sure I know right now I have about 5-6 different color morphs of yuma from drab to extreme. Florida's probably 20 or so with true pink being the majority.....Florida ricordea are really susceptible to light variations, and temp. I have noticed that with one of my pinks the higher the light the brighter the pink. The lower the light the pink disappears and they turn a greenish color.....

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that have ever seen.....I honestly don't think that is a color that is seen in nature in Florida rics....I have been doing more reading on them and it seems that the Ricordea yuma is considered the "True ricordea" and the Ricordea florida is a impostor species....Not sure how much truth is in that though.....

Not sure I know right now I have about 5-6 different color morphs of yuma from drab to extreme. Florida's probably 20 or so with true pink being the majority.....Florida ricordea are really susceptible to light variations, and temp. I have noticed that with one of my pinks the higher the light the brighter the pink. The lower the light the pink disappears and they turn a greenish color.....
ah.. I see... maybe when I get my batch from Steve (fishes2889), maybe we can set up something next spring so I can get some true pink ones... if you can kindly grow a 3-5 polyps one, I'll greatly appreciate it... :)

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will see what I can do bro....I haven't had to much growth as of late on any thing but LPS....My softies have taken a back seat since the new tank set-up. Hopefully it is just because it is still going threw it's changes......

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very good James, just received a new red yuma yesterday, will show pics in a different thread as it settles in.

Marv- I have pink rics FYI...:) They are pink with a lime green rim.

Look like this:
DSCF3695.jpg

Nope never have i saw a true red florida ricordea.

If you look above the pink ricordea pictured is a perfect example of what James said. It was in lower light for some time before i sold it as it was in the picture. I was turning somewhat green...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup.....That is the same thing that happened to mine.....I need toget somemore of that peticular pink morph. I only have 3 of that type.....That was the original one that I took pics of that was so bright, now I have 2 other types of pinks.......Good stuff Steve....

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these two came from Coral Morphologic... Thanks Colin....

11-04-08_Ric1.jpg

11-04-08_Ric2400.jpg

the two above are really interesting color morphs for me... I'm looking forward to getting a few from fishes2889 and/or Azurel.... :D I'm on a FL ric acquisition mode right now... ;)

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I want to do some business with them......Hey Marvin if Steve has some and he is shipping to you anyway just get them from him. This way you don't have to wait who knows how long for mine......Then in the spring or something you need more I can have a few for you....

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I want to do some business with them......Hey Marvin if Steve has some and he is shipping to you anyway just get them from him. This way you don't have to wait who knows how long for mine......Then in the spring or something you need more I can have a few for you....
Steve knows what I want already... ;)

Thanks James... :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back