Azurels Ricordea candy......Updated

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see a before and after shot w/ those new lights!

btw, james, you spelled candy wrong...:D

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN1139.jpg

Here are some new ones added to the collection....
DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1149-1.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

DSCN1150.jpg

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, your collection is growing and looking sweet AZ

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Charlie, I wanted to get my fathers camera but it got stolen out of his car.......So I will wait till he gets his new one and then re-take some of these with a much better camera.....I will then also be able toget some really good macro shots.

I will probably add about another 5-6 new ric in about a week or so, I also have a big trade for some rics coming in the next week or 2 as well.....Then I think I will be done and let it grow and fill out......

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Steve,

I wish I could get the colors to come out better in some of the pics.....The light pink w/ green centers are really sweet. I have take about 25 pics of them and where they are sitting the colors just won't come out.....Here is one I got from the LFS that has orange, green, and blue. IT also has another ric on it that is Blue w/ pink and purple highlights.

DSCN1154.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stuff, James. That's a lot of rics. I can't get colorful yumas to live longer than a few months...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gary......I plan on adding a few more and I also have a big trade of some rics coming......

James

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That ricordia canyon is really coming along!! Pretty soon you're going to have to put in a visitor center. ;p

But let me send you some crabs or somthing to clear out those exotic weeds. hehe I recently discovered my purple tang loves bubble algae. If you lived closer I'd let you borrow her for awhile. Now anytime a coral gets bubble algae I just set it in my main tank and in an hour or two, presto! super clean. ;]

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Morgan,

I plan on adding some more from you as well eventually, I cleaned up a bunch of the bubble algae the other day when I did my water change. Sucked them out whole with my hose. Cleaned up the tank pretty nice I might add a Scopus tang which I had before and he ate all algae. After he died in QT it all started up not to mention I had a 12'' Magnifica melt on me in the rock works about 9-10 months ago which didn't help the nutrient levels either......

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! What caused the magnifica to melt?

I've seen a lot of small scopas at a few wholesalers lately so you can always get one from me if you have trouble finding one. You'll have to post pics of the sparkley tank. ;] How big is that tank? I have a nice chevron tang thats been in limbo since we broke down our 180, but I don't know if he eats bub algae or not.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Morgan

The female clown got way to ruff with it and tore it's foot from what I could tell at the time......She went ape chit on it.....

DSCN1173.jpg

DSCN1176.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love that blue with pink highlights the red mouths really set it off.....I think I figured out why my pics turn out so blue as well.....I don't have a closed canopy but a open light rack and there is a lot of light spillage into the room. So those last 2 pics I put a towel over the front part of the rack and the blueness seems to have been cut down a bunch.....Here is a real crappy pic of the ric area.....The green is not the bubble algae that was there but macro(calurapa(SP?) that I am tired of as well with some green algae.
DSCN1163.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the pink one as it is now 4 weeks under the T-5s.....The camera didn't get the brightness of it with the towel infront of the lights.
DSCN1175.jpg

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The addiction is strong in this one:D.

It's ridiculous......I started out with ricordea many, many years ago and they have always been my favorite coral. I had issues back then with sub-par equipment and I could never keep them for long. So a month or 2 ago I decided I would try them out again and see what happens......Well so far I have had great luck with them as well as my equipment has vastly improved as well.....I'm sure there will be more coming in the future....:)

Back