B10nd1e's 29 Gallon Bio Cube Build

b10nd1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I am new to saltwater tanks. It all started because my boyfriend wanted to start a tank so I bought him a 29 gallon bio cube. He had it up and running for a few months and then decided to upgrade to a 40 Gallon breeder. He was so excited about the hobby that we went to ReefAPalooza in NJ. I was helping him put raffles in and I figured i'd throw one in for myself and low and behold I won a 3Gallon JBJ Cubey tank... Fast forward about 5 months and I got hooked and my fish and corals slowly began outgrowing that tiny tank, so I moved all of my stuff into the now unused 29 Gallon Bio Cube. I have had the Bio Cube running for about 2 months now and 2 days ago my boyfriend bought me the new Kessil A160WE with a gooseneck mount and Spectral Controller. Needless to say my fish and corals are LOVING their new light, even after just 2 days. Just wanted to share my excitement about my tank, and get all of your feedback and any advice you feel I could use as I am always eager to learn more. My livestock includes... Fish: A mated pair of clowns, (one black misbar and one Davinci) a Cardinal, and a Juvenile Orange Shoulder Tang. Corals: Few random zoa frags, blue pulsing xienia, purple tip frog spawn, green tip hammer, 2 different Acans, Flower Pot, chalice, Colt Tree, Some brown looking Torch ( got it for next to nothing at my LFS because it looked like it was on it's way out, and now it is thriving although not 100% sure what it is lol) a Green tip Torch, and a Bubble Tip Anemone. As for equipment I am running a 29 gallon bio cube and stand, with a custom modified sump area in the back. About three lbs of live rock rubble in sump, a Rio 80 return pump, and a hydor koralia nano 425 circulation pump and the kessil light with controller. Lastly an eheim heater. I do not have a top on my tank and I use chemi pure blue.
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2011.JPG

veselym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks awesome...however I would highly reconsider getting that tang out of the biocube, they need 180 gallons or more

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy awesome, welcome, glad to see you here. A lot of good information and people willing to help. All the best to you!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 29.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 71 29.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 52 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back