Babies! (ocellaris eggs)

  • Thread starter Thread starter GaryE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

GaryE

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
992
Reaction score
1,321
Location
Coatesville, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two have managed to spawn. It's been 8 days since she laid her eggs, so we are on baby watch. Unfortunately I have no means to catch, feed or otherwise support the fry, so we will be letting nature take its course. Momma also appears to be full of eggs again, so I expect to see another patch as soon as these hatch. I really wish we had a way to recover them and keep them alive after they hatch.

1652049001732.png
 
These two have managed to spawn. It's been 8 days since she laid her eggs, so we are on baby watch. Unfortunately I have no means to catch, feed or otherwise support the fry, so we will be letting nature take its course. Momma also appears to be full of eggs again, so I expect to see another patch as soon as these hatch. I really wish we had a way to recover them and keep them alive after they hatch.

1652049001732.png
Due to parent inexperience, first clutches generally don’t make it
You can after this rind place a clay flowerpot or similar for them to lay eggs in and then you can transfer them to a different tank and increase hatch rate probability
 
Due to parent inexperience, first clutches generally don’t make it
You can after this rind place a clay flowerpot or similar for them to lay eggs in and then you can transfer them to a different tank and increase hatch rate probability
I still don't have a way to feed the babies...
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new