Baby Clownfish

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
701
Location
Conroe, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in one of my tanks I have a Phantom female clown and a domino male that are breeding. They are on their 3rd batch of eggs but...

What happens when these babies hatch? I've watched the eggs and see them when the eyes are noticeable with a flashlight. I know the babies are tiny, but what is happening to them?

Are the other fish (or the parents) eating them?

105g tank with 2 tangs, a regal angel, an anthias & 2 chromis.
 
They're likely becoming tang and angel food. Unless you have time and money to invest, and have a buyer for all the babies, raising clownfish isn't worth it in my opinion.
 
I already have a full time job & a 6 year old.... I don't need to add baby clowns to that! I kind of figured, but I thought I would maybe see 1 out of all of them that are hatching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new